Mixed Emotions

I haven't posted anything since the day before my appointment with the REI simply because I was waiting for lab results and what not.

The appointment was great! It actually couldn't have gone better! After just one appointment with this Dr I love him already and have faith in him. He has one idea in mind as to why I am not staying pregnant since having Zion, but I still have to wait to get a test done to either confirm or deny that.

However, he did say that he didn't think my previous labs regarding the Lipid panel were true results, so he ordered a re-run of those. He also ordered labs for a few other things including an AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) level. The AMH levels essentially tells how many eggs or "fertile years" I have left, as far as he said.
He described it by saying if the level is 0.5 or below that I am in his bad group, if its around 1.5 or more then I would be in his good group, but if it was 5.0 or higher then it means that I have PCOS.

I got my lipid panel results back on Tuesday I believe. Everything is still high, but nowhere near where it was. Here's the breakdown of those:
Cholesterol (needs to be 200 or less) previously it was 479 but now it is 219!
Triglycerides (ideally should be 100 or less, 150 would be ok but pushing it) previously they were something crazy like 3446 and now they are 532!

Everything else for the metabolic panel came back within range minus my sodium, but it wasn't off by much. My Prolactin was within range, my TSH was within range...everything looks great!
And then we got the results for my AMH. Now, let me toss it out there that I haven't spoken to my Dr about these results yet, as I got them as the office was closing on Friday, but I will be speaking to him about them soon.
So, like I said previously, ideally we wanted to see my level around 1.5 (at least) but less than 5.0 so that I didn't have PCOS but I still had a good amount of eggs left.
That's not what happened...
I got the results back and they were 0.49

I bawled like a baby multiple times after seeing the results on Friday. I was at an appointment with my son and I just broke down. I wasn't expecting excellent results, but I definitely wasn't expecting that at all.
Since then I've done somewhat better, but it's still kind of hard to believe that my level was that low.

That's not too far below the "bad group" but it's still in that group.
I'm not going to go too much into detail only because I don't know what he'll suggest in my specific case, but several women that I know, with the same or similar levels that see the same Dr, were told that their chances for IUI were low and that they may as well just move right on to IVF and completely skip IUI.

It may not seem like much to you so I'll put it this way: usually they would expect to see an AMH level of 0.49 (like mine is) in a 40 year old woman...I'm 24.

It's not horrible results, but enough to discourage me quite a bit. We just need to wait for my Dr and see what he wants to do and then we will have some tough decisions to make...
This is where it gets really real guys...

Thank you so much to everyone who has been there for us...supporting us, praying for us, those who let me just spill my feelings at the time...it means so much more than you will ever know! We are grateful for each and every one of you!

Comments

  1. Thank god your numbers are better! If it turns out you do need ivf I'll help with the fundraising ;) We're here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means more than you’ll ever know! I’m in the works of planning ahead of time that way we’re ready to go soon after we get the word, if that is the case!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts